In recognition of the importance of the personal information of individual guests, Kyoto Daiichi Hotel (hereinafter, "Hotel") complies with laws and regulations regarding the handling of personal information, and treats such information with utmost confidentiality.
- Collection of personal information
The Hotel will collect personal information of individual guests only through legal and fair means.
- Purposes of use of personal information
The Hotel will use personal information provided by guests only for the purposes mentioned below.
- To book guest rooms, make related arrangements and ensure the safety of guests
- To issue the Hotel's members cards
- To contact guests when necessary
- To respond to inquiries or requests from guests
- To handle matters involving the use of personal information with the consent of guests
- To conduct statistical analysis of guest information with a view to offering and improving the Hotel’s website, services and products
- To send information on the Hotel’s services and products to guests
- Disclosure and provision of personal information to third parties
The Hotel will not disclose or provide the personal information of its guests to any third parties, except in the following cases.
- The Hotel has obtained the consent of the guest for disclosure or provision of his or her personal information.
- The Hotel needs to disclose or provide personal information to its business partners as part of its regular course of business.
- The Hotel is under obligation to disclose or provide personal information under law or otherwise has good reasons to do so.
- The Hotel is under obligation to disclose or provide personal information for the purpose of enhancing public health or promoting the healthy growth of children, in which case the Hotel may disclose or provide personal information without the consent of the guest to whom the information pertains.
- The Hotel is required to disclose or provide personal information to a national agency or local public organization, or any party working under contract therewith, to assist them in performing their duties under law. The Hotel may disclose or provide personal information without the consent of the guest to whom the information pertains, if obtaining the consent can adversely affect the performance of said duties.
- The Hotel is contacted by a third party by telephone or in person, who specifies the name of a guest and inquires about whether the guest is staying at the Hotel or whether the guest is in the room or not, and/or the period of stay of the guest.
- The Hotel is requested by a third party to pass a message or deliver a package to a guest, who specifies the name of the guest.
- Measures to ensure safety and keep information up-to-date
The Hotel takes necessary and appropriate measures against unauthorized access to personal information, as well as against loss, destruction, falsification and leakage of personal information. The Hotel also takes appropriate measures to keep personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- Handling of personal information provided on linked websites
The Hotel provides links to websites of other companies and organizations on its website, but assumes no responsibility for the handling of personal information offered on the linked websites. If you provide your personal information on these websites, please realize that doing so is your own responsibility.
- Disclosure, amendment, and withdrawal of personal information
If the Hotel is requested by a guest to disclose, amend, or withdraw his or her personal information possessed and managed by the Hotel, the Hotel will accommodate the request within a reasonable period, to the reasonable extent.
However, the Hotel may not accept such a request in part or in whole, if complying with the request could create a threat to the life, health and/or properties of the guest or any third party, pose a major obstacle to the Hotel’s regular course of business, or constitute a violation of any of applicable laws or regulations.